We are looking for a Bioinformatician to join our team and work on the analysis of high-throughput biological data from our customers as well on the standardization of analysis methodologies and pipelines which will be integrated to our software suite. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently with minimum supervision within a small group of people and be able to express critical opinion on the results of conducted analyses and benchmark the utilized methodologies. At the same time the candidate should be able to understand the basic language of molecular biology as he/she will have to communicate and interact with an interdisciplinary audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Science with Applications in Medicine, Applied Mathematics or Bioinformatics. A Bachelor in Biology is also possible as long as the major is in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics and the candidate can demonstrate programming skills.
- Strong scripting skills in R, Perl or Python.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools and their philosophy (e.g. navigating and handling biological databases).
- MS degree in Bioinformatics or Biostatistics or Biomedical Informatics.
- Experience in the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data (RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, Whole Exome, Genome and Targeted Sequencing).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience in working with Unix/Linux systems.
- Very good communication skills in Greek/English as the post involves interaction with biological researchers and medical professionals.
The successful candidate will work in HybridStat’s premises located in the southern suburbs of Athens! He/she will have access to high-end computational facilities required for the work as well as interaction with experienced bioinformaticians.
If you are interested in the above mentioned position, please send your CV quoting the respective Ref HSJ04 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information regarding our company, please consult our website: www.hybridstat.gr